Terms and conditions
When hiring goods and services from The Vintage Affair you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions:
1. Hire period is for 1–4 days. Longer hire periods can be arranged and must be agreed in writing by The Vintage Affair. Should items be retained for a longer hire period without prior agreement then items will be charged at 1.5 times the standard hire fee per day.
1.2 Amendments to orders can be made up to 7 days prior to collection or delivery, subject to availability.
1.3 Requests for additional items added to the order once the final balance is paid will be accommodated where possible but it cannot be guaranteed that they will be available. Payment or these items is due upon receipt of delivery. We regret that the order may not be reduced post final payment.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
2. A delivery and collection service is available and is free of charge for locations within a 10 mile radius of The Vintage Affair's home base in Burnham, South Bucks. Outside of this 10 mile radius deliveries are charged at 50 pence per mile per round trip.
2.1 Deliveries and collections are arranged Mon – Sun. Dates and times will be confirmed by The Vintage Affair upon confirmation of the order. On site contact information must be supplied to The Vintage Affair for delivery & collection orders.
2.2 Goods for collection must be repacked safely in their original packaging and if wash up is required we ask that the items are carefully wiped/scraped and that sugar bowls, cruet sets and teapots/ coffee pots are thoroughly emptied.
2.3 If it is felt that items have not been suitably packed for collection or transit then The Vintage Affair reserves the right to re-pack the items. The client will be charged an additional cost of 10% of the total hire cost.
2.4 The delivery service is not available for orders under £50.
CONDITION OF GOODS
3. Items supplied by The Vintage Affair will be, in our opinion, in good vintage condition with no chips or cracks. However it can be expected that some of the patterns, gilt and silver plating will show signs of wear.
3.1 Vintage items are fragile and much more easily prone to damage than commercial catering crockery. Please ensure you take extra care when handling, stacking and packing the items.
3.2 All goods should be checked against the delivery note and signed for by the hirer upon receipt.
3.3 If no one is available to sign for receipt of the goods then this will be at the hirers own risk and will be deemed as being delivered in clean and undamaged condition. If deliveries are left at unattended premises this it at the hirers risk.
3.4 In the event of any shortage or damage, the hirer shall note this on the delivery note upon receipt of goods. No discrepancies or damages will be accepted unless The Vintage Affair is notified within 12 hours of delivery.
3.5 At all times during the hire period all items remain the property of The Vintage Affair.
4. All goods upon delivery or collection by the hirer will be clean and ready for use.
4.1 A washing up service is available at 15% of the total hire order.
4.2 All items supplied by The Vintage Affair must be hand washed. Items are not suitable for dishwashers.
4.3 Where items are returned unwashed without prior agreement, a washing up charge of 15% of the total hire order will be made.
5. A 20% deposit is required as confirmation of the order. The deposit is non-refundable.
5.1 The balance is payable no later than 21 days prior to the date of hire. Cash, bank transfer, or cheque payments made payable to Bright Star Events are acceptable.v
6. Cancellation of the total hire order must be made in writing and the following charges apply:
30 days or more No charge
Between 15-29 days 50%
Under 14 days 100%
7. A separate refundable damage deposit of £100 is payable no later than seven days prior to the date of hire.
7.1 Damages and/or loss will be charged at the following cost:
Teacup & Saucer £10 | Tea/Coffee Pot £35
Tiered Cake Stand £35 | Single Tier Glass Cake Stand £20
Other china items £10 | Silver Cutlery & Tongs £5
All other Items at our discretion
8. During the hire period breakages or loss of any item is the full responsibility of the hirer until received back and checked by The Vintage Affair; hirers will be notified within 72 hours of recorded loss or damage and corresponding charges.
8.1. Prices are subject to review at our discretion; however prices quoted at time of booking and up on receipt of deposit will be honoured for the date of the event.
8.2. The Vintage Affair takes no responsibility in the event of any injury to any party through breakage of any equipment or any other accident during hire period.
Download our full terms and conditions here.